Saturday 29 August 2015

• Why Everyone Should Keep a Journal •

Hello, I hope you all are having a pleasant day! Today I want to discuss the topic of journaling and why it is very beneficial. I absolutely love owning a journal. I believe everyone should keep a journal or a diary for three reasons.


( my journal is from Amazon in case you are wondering - I love it so much! )

Firstly, journaling is very therapeutic. If I ever have a thought that I want to get off of my chest or if I am just feeling anxious,  I will write whatever I am feeling down. I instantly feel a thousand times better after doing this. I can continue my tasks again once I have done this and just carry on throughout the day. It is a great way to release your thoughts and for this reason alone, you should definitely keep a journal.

I personally love having a journal because it is my own creative outlet. You can be as creative as you wish with a journal. You can write short stories, pick your brain and write down your deepest thoughts or your fondest memories. You can write a song, create doodles or write a poem...the options are endless! It is your space to be yourself. You can do what you want and say what you want. This is my favourite aspect of owning my own journal.

Finally, it is a great thing to look back on in years to come. I recently recovered one of my many diaries from many years ago. I was crying with laughter looking back on all of my thoughts as a child. My drawings were absolutely horrendous and my spellings were atrocious. Besides the horrible cringe attack, I felt very nostalgic. I am sure I will that way again in a few years time. Nothing beats that funny feeling of cringe mixed with nostalgia, huh?

I hope you enjoyed this post! I definitely feel having a journal is extremely beneficial. It is something that everyone should own. You don't have to write in it everyday. Use it for whenever you have a crazy thought or for when you need to release something from your mind. It's your space. Use it at your will!

Do you own a journal and, if so, do you enjoy using it? Let me know in the comments!

| ♥️ thanks for reading ♥️ |



4 comments:

  1. This is so true! I filled my first journal a couple years ago and i'm ow halfway through my second one! I find that it's such a good way to just let go of a lot of stress, anger or sadness! Owning a journal has really opened my eyes to writing as well and how much power can be in just one sentence! http://allofthethingsilike.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had many journals ( well, diarys ) as a child and I feel that's where my love of writing developed. I completely agree with you! Writing is a very powerful weapon! x

      | Caoimhe xo |

      Delete
  2. I have the cutest journal from accessorize and I love it. Especially if I have colourful pens :) x
    lipstickandbathbombs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started writing loads of journals when I was younger just because I liked pinky glittery notebooks and the idea of keeping something away from my parents. All of them ended up lost somewhere, half broken or locked forever as I couldn't find the keys. Being 14 now I thought a few times about journaling and after reading this post I'll definitely start one as soon as possible, lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete