Monday 27 July 2015

• My Ed Sheeran Concert Experience •

Friday night was one of the best nights of my life. Yeah, I think that's a good opening sentence for this blog post. It's true though. I felt so pumped and I have never felt so hyper after a concert. Okay, I don't want to bore you with the details before the concert so I will get right into it.




After our Nando's we headed to Croke Park and started queuing to get in. This was around half four / five o' clock, which to us, wasn't that early. There were already tons of people at this stage so we expected to be standing near enough to the back. Boy, were we wrong! The security took us through the tunnel. One of my friends remarked that she could've sworn they said pit standing. However, the rest of us thought that they said pitch standing. It turns out that my friend was right! We ended up being four rows from the front. I couldn't believe our luck. I was jumping up and down with excitement.

As we were waiting for the concert to start, we started talking to the people around us. They were from all over Ireland and some even travelled from countries such as Luxembourg. The crowd wasn't rowdy at all, to my relief. We were all just super excited to see Ed Sheeran.



At six o'clock, the first opening act, Gavin James preformed. I listened to his music before the concert so I was so excited to see him live. He has such a beautiful voice and he got the crowd hyped. I enjoyed that he included to audience and got us to sing certain parts and harmonies. The crowd definitely loved him and my friends were pleasantly surprised at how good he was live. Half way through his set, Jamie Lawson came on stage and they sang a duet. I had heard of Jamie Lawson before but I never had the chance to listen to any of his music. He was amazing. Their voices sounded so good together too. I highly recommend you look them both up. They are both ones to watch.



After Gavin James, a band called BellX1 came onstage. To me, they weren't particularly the best. I mean, that's just my opinion. I didn't feel an ounce of excitement whilst they were on. I just wanted Ed to come on at this point.

Finally, after a load of ' ole's ' and chants from the crowd, Ed came on stage. The whole stadium went wild for him. His opening, I'm A Mess, got the crowd so pumped for the entire show. I knew from then that the concert was going to be an incredible experience.


 - Ed's Setlist -
• I'm a Mess
• Lego House
• Drunk
• Take it Back / Ain't No Sunshine / Supersition 
• Raglan Road / One / Photograph
• Bloodstream 
• Tenerife Sea
• Don't / Loyal / No Diggity / Nina
• Feeling Good / I See Fire
• All I Want ( with Kodaline )
• Give Me Love 
• I Was Made to Love Her
• Thinking Out Loud 
• The Parting Glass / The A Team
~ The Encore ~
• You Need Me, I Don't Need You
• Sing


One of my main highlights from the concert was when Kodaline came on stage. Ed and Kodaline sang All I Want. They left us sing by ourselves. Over 80,000 people were singing the song back to them. From where I was standing, I could see all of their facial expressions. They all looked so proud and emotional. It was the most incredible feeling in the world.


I was also in so much awe when he sang The Parting Glass. I was really hoping he would sing it and I constantly begged him on Twitter to sing it. Towards the end of the concert, I felt that he wasn't going to sing it. When he sang the first word, I smiled so much and I almost cried - I was just way too happy to cry! 


He interacted so much with the audience. He got us to sing so many harmonies. For example, in some songs, he got one half of the stadium to sing the low harmony and the other half to sing the high harmonies. I felt goosebumps go through my body. He also looked like he was having the time of his life up on that stage.

I was in so much awe by what one man, one guitar and a loop pedal could do. There were no backing tracks, no dancers, no gimmicks - just pure Ed Sheeran. 



It was one hundred percent the best concert I have ever been to and I don't think anything will top the night that Ed Sheeran played Croker. 


| ♥️ thanks for reading ♥️ | 



             


1 comment:

  1. I was blown away by his talent! He is one incredible man. x

    | Caoimhe xo |

    ReplyDelete